These past few days I haven't really taken any photos that I actually like... I'll show you. You'll see what I mean, it wasn't the worst thing but I just didn't get inspired like I usually get.
Whenever I have these moments in time, these glitches of not know what to take a picture of next I become lost. My creativity just dips and doesn't come back a little while, I understand that as an artist there are times when we don't know what to do next. If getting lost in spite of being uninspired what we must do than let it be. I did not know that before, so I would force myself to take photos. Hundreds of them a day and I would go at it until I found just one that I liked. But then I thought about how I wasn't having any fun plowing my way through. The way I went about it was in a quantitative way instead of qualitative manner.
In English class one of the techniques that we get taught to do is that whenever your stuck and can't seem to write 'just write nonsense'. That means to, write out of your head, a train of thought kind of exercise. The idea is to stimulate your thoughts and get into a writing mode, but all that is very quantitative.
Never mind, hope I didn't bore you with my blab.
PS: I spelled 'smoke' wrong, oops!

No comments:
Post a Comment